-and her passion for the craftsmanship
Signe Abrahamson is a young danish jeweler who´s beautiful work is done by using traditional jewelry crafts and tools at her own workshop and shop in Copenhagen. Each jewelry is a unique and artful piece.
She loves to make jewelry which will be memoryes of a special occasion, memories from whom the jewelry is from and thoughts about who will one day inherit the piece.
“Excellent craftsmanship and the right balance between the handpicked materiales is very important to me. I always work to make each piece a unique and personal jewelry for the costumer. To me, this is the essence of great craftsmanship and beautiful jewelry.”
“I love to make every single jewelry as a story to the wearer. The jewelry becomes a symbol and a memory of the special occasion it was made for and from whom. Not only here and now, but in the future and maybe in generations.”
The short story of Signe Abrahamson Jewelry
- After four years of education at the jewelry college in Copenhagen, she received her apprenticeship as a jeweler in 2011.
- In 2011 she moved to New York City to work in the diamond district in a workshop for fine jewelry. At the same time, she started her own jewelry brand and company.
- In 2011 she received a recognized craftsman scholarship in Copenhagen.
- In 2012 she moved back to Denmark and opened up her own workshop in Copenhagen.
- In 2013. The workshop was expanded and today it is a combined jewelry shop and workshop. It is located in the heart of Copenhagen, Valkendorfsgade 15, Denmark.
- In 2014 she was one of the chosen participants for Precious Talents 2014, Stockholm, Sweden. A competition for the upcoming brands in the whole Nordic region.
- In 2015, the art association in Rødovre, Denmark, bought a piece of jewelry for their association.
- In 2016, Signe Abrahamson was given the great honor to participate in the Guilds’ show 2016 (Laugenes Opvisning 2016) at Moltke’s Palace in Copenhagen (Moltkes Palæ). The Princess Benedikte and director Sussanne Bier among others were greeted her and admired all the jewelery. Both on the run way and the following exhibition.